Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Nook

Let me count the ways I love my Barnes & Noble Nook….I love the fact that every Friday they offer a free ebook!  This week’s choice was Millie’s Fling by Jill Mansell.  It seems to be a light-hearted romance that I probably wouldn’t buy but I certainly did download it for free.  I feel like I am stocking my book shelves for later reads.  This program is a great idea because it keeps people reading.  Frankly, who doesn’t like something for free!  It also opens you up to a new genre that you wouldn’t normally make the effort to buy or pick out at the library.  While this particular rating was very limited, I have seen other overviews that were 2 pages. 
 
The Nook offers games, shopping, my library, the daily (notifications), reading now, wi-fi selection, audio, web, and settings as your choice options from the main screen.  A nice feature that the Nook offers is highlights where you can choose to highlight a word or words.  It also allows you to add your own notes in the margin on a reading selection.  You have the option of searching by author, title, or name of publication.  The reviews option is also a great way to see how a book has been received by others.  A final favorite of mine is the wish list.  This lets you store books that you have come across but haven’t purchased.  Rather than carrying a few books on vacation or to the beach, you just need your Nook for a lighter option with more features.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous review! I learn so much from you, Susan.

    ReplyDelete